The skin of the foot is a susceptible part of the body as they are more prone to bacterial and fungal infection because of their direct contact with dust, pollutants thus the risk of foot infection is more. The application of moisturizing foot cream solves the problem of foot-related disease. The moisturizing cream for foot care is the one that penetrates deeper into the skin surface of feet and makes it young, smooth and rejuvenated.
Some general foot related problem is:
- Athletes foot- an infectious fungal disease, appearance of itchy and red rashes on the sole of feet or in between toes is a symptom of an athlete’s foot
- Warts- it is a type of viral infection, having small lesions and generally occurs on the sole region and side part of the feet.
- Eczema- small red circular lesions over the surface of the skin, its leading cause is the sensitivity of skin towards any agents or chemicals.
- Corns and calluses- the outermost surface of dry feet skin get thickened due to an excessive exposure in sunlight, dust or pollutants.
- Onychomycosis- a fungal infection of toenails flakiness, discoloration, and thickness of nail is common symptoms of onychomycosis.
Role of foot cream during summer
During summer the weather gets extremely harsh, dehydration and excessive sweating occur that mainly affect the outmost layer of the body, i.e., skin. Hence roughness, dryness, heel cracks, calluses, athletes foot, and eczema are typical during summer. Application of foot cream is necessary during summer because during summer
- The upper surface of the skin gets tanned and dead; hence, the use of sunscreen during summer is mandatory to protect foot skin from damage.
- The skin gets dry, cracked feet and dehydrate due to a harsh environmental condition or by any other fungal infection, and this problem can be eliminated or reduced by the regular use of moisturizing foot cream.
- Prevent the excessive loss of water from transepidermal cells.
Role of moisturizing foot cream
Best cracked heel cream serves an enormous advantage in the treatment of foot related problems:
- It helps to prevent the skin from dryness, cracks, calluses, and irritation.
- It softens, soothes, renews and nourishes the skin.
- It contains exfoliating agents such as salicylic acid and urea (are the physical or chemical agents that helps in removal of dry, dead tissue and remove impurities from the skin surface)
- It mainly contains honey, shea butter, kokum butter, tea tree, glycerine, beeswax and coconut oil that nourishes the skin and make it healthy and glowing.
Several products of moisturizing cream for cracked heels are available in the market but Dermaessentia moisturizing foot cream with silver protection is potentially more beneficial for healthy feet because of the presence of shea butter and kokum butter that nourishes the dead, and dry cracked heels and existence of silver oxide provide an antibacterial activity that protects skin from infection.
Tips to protect the foot skin during summer
- Wash your feet regularly with lukewarm water.
- Regular use of moisturizing foot cream before sleep and during day time protect the skin.
- Proper treatment of blisters is done via applying bandage until it gets cure.
- Apply sunscreen over the upper surface of foot which is in direct contact of sun radiation when going outside.
- Use pumice stone during bath helps in removal of the dead skin & dry skin from the bottom surface of feet.
- Drink the excessive amount of water which prevent skin from dehydration.
- Wear clean socks which protect the feet skin from direct sunlight, dust and absorb excessive sweating.
- Dietary intake of foods rich in fibre, carbohydrates and vitamins nourishes skin and provide the glow.
- Application of olive oil moisturize skin surface and provide a natural glow.
- The mixture of tomato juice with lemon juice is powerful moisturizing agents with antioxidant properties of tomato, and detaining property of lemon nourishes skin deeply.